Thursday, May 14, 2009

quilting

Please be as patient with me as I am with you.

The Patchwork Quilt


Don’t try to make me smile, you can’t.

Don’t try to cheer me up, you won’t.


But joined together you may become a patchwork quilt

that covers my soul with stories untold

of the life and times of Mary.


Don’t feel bad that I am hurting.

Don’t try to fix that which isn’t broken.


Just keep quilting the love into the patches of the quilt

that covers my soul with stories as they unfold

of the life and pictures of Mary.


Don’t hurry me along the path I walk.

Don’t show me new roads to take.


I need you to give me the freedom to be me so I can rest in the quilt

that covers my soul with stories of gold

of the life and days of Mary.


Don’t tell me what to do right now.

Don’t try to dry the tears I cry.


I’ll wipe my cheeks with the corners of the quilt

that covers my soul with stories of so bold

of the life and will of Mary.


Don’t be afraid if I stagger and fall.

Don’t think I won’t get through this.


Lend me your strength, your will to go on to put in my quilt

that covers my soul with stories to console

of the life and love of Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment