Thursday, December 1, 2011

Words

Last night I got into bed and muted the tv and started to write....

The Path

I've been down this path before
Through the gate I closed the door
Followed footstep others made
And found they didn't fit...

So I tried to make my own
Found I had to walk alone
Step by step I made my way
Keeping others lives at bay

Couldn't take the chance that I
Might step on someone else's life
Destroy the rhythm they had found
To survive this journey bound

Now we are back inside this gate
Hoping that it's not too late
To find another knob to turn
To show myself what I have learned.


Pain

I don't know where
I don't know when
I don't know why
I just can't give in


I will ignore
I will escapte
I will reject
This place of fate


But I will survive
I will arrive
at some far away
place to hide

Shielding my face
Pushing away grace
So I can just breathe


This time I will not cry
As long as no one speaks your name
my tears are tucked inside my brain
I learned from you how to hide my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment