Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Another heart reclaimed...

One of our heart buddies got his heart last night. And someone out there lost a family member. Now I'm sure the family is glad to be able to help another person in their quest for staying alive but I bet you a dollar to a donut they would rather have their loved one back. And that would leave the heart buddy out in left field.  I'm conflicted. I cannot in all good conscience be happy for one person and sad for another.  Even in my situation. 

I'm also tired of listening to everyone singing praises to god for transplants.  Where was god when the donor needed him?  Does god only help the ones in need letting everyone else fend for themselves?  And where is he when those in need don't get help?  It all just makes so much more sense that he leaves us to live our lives as best we can.  Maybe he's around after we die.  I mean, he did create the universe.  Yes, I do believe that, even the big bang had to start with something, someone doing the banging.  


Seems like everyone in the transplant buddy group sings these praises.  I'm not sure I can keep listening.  I don't want to be rude.  They have as much right to praise as I have to not praise.  There just aren't very many non-praising people in the group.  Or else they keep really quiet.  No, I'm not going to tell anyone to stop.  That WOULD be rude.  A lot of them know my feelings and seem to accept it without trying to convince me otherwise.  I just don't want to hear it.

Oh, what I would give for Danny to need something other than a heart.  A living donor could donate just about anything else.  We would do it in a second.  Unfortunately, even if I died he would not get my heart because I'm too small.  So, I'm out of luck on that account.

Oh well, life's too short to whine about what you don't like.  Fix it if you can otherwise keep on truckin' down the road.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah it is so hard when people say things like "someone has to die so someone else can live" - That's crazy! God doesn't kill one person so another can have his organs!

    What I give thanks for is that in the midst of their tragedy, another family was generous enough to turn their tragedy into a gift of life for someone else.

    People say the weirdest things, though, don't they!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete